Thursday, May 27, 2010

Get Over Yourself! Ch. 11


"Ah!Ah!I am about to receive a visit from an admirer!"

To all conceited men all other men are admirers. The conceited man will only hear words of praise.

Have you ever tried to converse with someone who was completely self involved? When I think of a conceited man I always look to one of my favorite Disney movies the Beauty and the Beast. Gaston is this narcissistic character who is completely full of himself,only hears what he wants, and expects to get what he wants because he is such a strapping young lad.



Religion can be narcissistic at times. There is this image displayed of such piety and self righteousness and these people believe that everyone should like or respect them because of this. In doing this most new believers or people on the brink of converting will see displays of such piety and become turned off to the religion. I know this has been the case for myself personally on several occasions.

Religions are supposed to be humble and gracious but instead people, most of the time the head figures within that religion, are self-righteous assholes. Pardon my french.



No one, I mean no one likes a self-righteous asshole.

No comments:

Post a Comment